First of all congratulations on being invited to take a video interview. It is a big step towards getting to know you better.
You might be asking, what is a video interview, when should I take it or what do I need to be prepared.
We are here to help you solve all your questions and prepare you to rock the interview.
- What's a video interview?
- What do you need?
- When should you complete?
- What’s inside the video interview?
- 4 tips to rock the video interview
- Frequently asked questions
- Other documents that might help
What's a video interview?
A video interview is a set of questions previously recorded by the recruitment team to help the company get to know you better.
The best thing about a video interview is that you are able to complete it in the COMFORT OF YOUR OWN HOME and in your own time. It is a great way to bring your resume to life.
What do you need?
If you are answering from a computer you will need:
- Webcam, built in or USB
- Good Wi-Fi connection
- If you are using a Lenovo computer please read this article https://support.wepow.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004548528-Lenovo-Webcam-Not-Working
Video interviews are so flexible that you can also answer from your mobile device.
- Make sure your mobile phone or tablet is connected to a good wifi network or you have a good 3G.
- You will be requested to download the WePow Candidate App.
- A device with camera and microphone is mandatory.
When should you complete?
At the top of your email invitation you will find a blue rectangle with the deadline of your interview. The deadline contains day and time when the interview will close. We recommend you to answer as soon as possible, this shows interest to your potential employer.
* If theres is no blue box on your email invitation, this means your interview doesn't have a deadline. Still I would recommend to answer as soon as possible.
What’s inside the video interview?
Each HHRR team builds a customized interview according to the set of qualities they are looking for. But we can give you some tips on what to expect.
- Promotional Video: Sometimes recruiters add a promo video, in the welcome screen, to show what the company is and how people inside feel and work. This helps you get a sense of the company you are interviewing for.
- Practice questions: After your setup you will be able to take some practice questions so you can get comfortable with this new process. No one will see your practice questions!
- Multiple choice questions: Some companies might add up to 10 text questions. For example if the position requires you to move to a different city they might ask if you are willing to relocate.
- Video Questions: Your interview can have up to 20 questions. For each question you will have the option to listen for a second time, time to think and prepare and then time to answer. The recording begins after the “beep”.
- Intermediate videos: You could find some other videos between questions, take this time to relax, these videos don't require an answer.
4 tips to rock the video interview
We have watched thousands of video interviews, here are 4 tips to make a great first impression.
Prepare just like you would for a face to face interview, dress up get your hair done and look for a nice and quiet place to take the interview.
Pay attention to your surroundings if you can hear your dog barking we will hear too.
- Relax, we are not expecting perfection.
We understand it might be the first time you have been asked to complete an interview like this. We don’t expect perfection, the recruitment team wants to feel your passion and to understand your skills. Breathe, there is nothing to be scared of.
- Be ready
Make your research, be sure you know the company you are interviewing for.
As we have been saying video interviews are a way to know you, so be prepared with examples of your past jobs, recruiters might ask you what have you done but also what would you do in certain situations.
i.e. Tell us about a time when you identified a problem and came up with a unique solution.
- Follow the instructions and practice
Once you click on the interview link you will be guided through a setup process. Make sure the audio and video are working correctly.
Take advantage of the practice questions to get used to the watch/prepare/respond rhythm.
Enjoy the process and good luck in your video interview!
Frequently asked questions
Can I pause the interview?
Once you start you can choose to hear the question for a second time but pausing is not available.
Can I re-record my answers?
We want to get the most authentic answers from you, remember we are not looking for perfect answers. We value your honesty so relax and answer making your best effort to look passionate.
Can I watch my interview answers at the end?
We are sure you did great, so feel calm, once you have finished and submitted the answers we will review them and get back to you.
Can I opt out from the interview process?
Sure, It is sad to hear that you are no longer interested but we have included in the bottom of your emails a way for you to opt out.
Who gets to watch and evaluate my videos?
The recruitment team, at the company you are interviewing, are the only with access to your videos. It is completely confidential and your information will remain private.
Where do I go for extra help?
If you need technical support about your video interview feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other documents that might help
How to complete your interview from desktop:
How to complete your interview from mobile: