If your camera is not being detected or you cannot see the video, please don’t worry. This issue is typically resolved very easily by following these simple steps:
NOTE: If you are using a Lenovo computer please read this article first: https://support.wepow.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004548528
Try reconfiguring your equipment, but this time...
Verify that your camera is working correctly
- You can test your camera here: https://webcamtests.com/
- Close any other app that might be using your camera (only one program can use the camera function at a time).
Restart your web browser
If you continue to experience problems with your camera, try updating your browser or switch to one of these for optimal results:
- Chrome (preferred)
Don't forget to allow access to your camera and microphone when the system requests it:
If you have more than one camera plugged in and you still can’t see yourself onscreen, try the following:
Using Safari , Internet Explorer or Edge browsers:
- Right click on the video component (the black box).
- From the menu select "Settings..."
- Click on the tab with a camera icon.
- Select the camera you wish to use from the drop-down menu*.
- Click on the black rectangle right below, and you should be able to see yourself there. (If not, select another camera from the drop-down menu).
- Close and reload the page.
Using Chrome or Firefox browsers:
- During the Setup step, click on the gear icon in the video window.
- Select the camera you wish to use*:
- Click < Back.
*If you don't see any camera listed please make sure that your camera has been installed correctly and restart your browser.
Use our Mobile Apps*
If everything above fails or you don't have access to a camera, you can always use our mobile apps to take your interview. We currently support both iOS and Android devices.
*Some organizations might not support mobile applications.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or need further assistance.