Wepow encourages you to record your videos within the platform in order to give that home made / friendly feeling to your interviews.
However, Wepow also allows you to upload your own pre-recorded videos in an easy way! This is pretty useful especially when you want to add your company logo into your videos (for example), but there are still some things to have in mind:
- The video upload feature is not available (and will not be) in Internet Explorer 7, 8 and 9.
- We support dozen of video formats (Eg. mov, avi, mkv, etc.) however we recommend uploading your videos in MP4 format.
- Wepow uses an aspect ratio of 4:3 for its videos. Videos with different aspect ratios (eg. Wide Screen aka 16:9, Mobile portrait, etc.) will be cropped in order to fit. We recommend you to edit your videos into a 4:3 aspect ratio before uploading them to Wepow.
- The default resolution used by Wepow is 640px X 480px; bigger videos will be re-sized to fit, smaller videos might look pixelated.
- Want to have the best results? This is our recommended configuration:
- Format: MP4 (FLV is good too)
- Codecs: H.264 + AAC
- Resolution: 640px X 480px
- Target bitrate: 1500 Kbps
- Size: under 50MB
Finally, to upload your pre-recorded video(s) just proceed to create a new Question / Transition and then click the link Upload video:
Now, you can either drag & drop a video or manually select one:
Once the video has been uploaded just fill the rest of the information on the resource your are creating and click Save. After a couple of minutes your video will be available and ready to use.