You are just moments away from kicking off the recruitment process and recording your first video interview.
We provide all the tools and support you need to build the perfect video interview for your target candidates. Follow our step-by-step guide to get started!
- What is a video interview?
- Getting started
- What resources can I include in my video interview?
- Completing your interview
- Useful tips
What is a video interview?
A video interview is a set of questions that your recruitment team can previously record to get to know your candidates better. The best thing about a video interview is the time it saves your recruitment team; you can watch the completed videos at your convenience, share them with other team members and score candidates accordingly.
They are also extremely convenient for your candidates who can complete the interview in their own time from the comfort of their own home. They are a fantastic way for your brand to connect with your candidates and create an enjoyable interview process for both parties.
To get started, simply go to the Pre-Recorded tab on your dashboard and click the New Interview button. You are now ready to start adding resources!
What resources can I include in my video interview?
Our interviews are made up of 5 resources: a Promotion video, Form, Transitions, Questions and Documents. All resources are optional apart from the Questions resource which is a mandatory element of your interview.
The following information will guide you through building your custom-made interview using the resources available:
Promotion Video (Optional)
This is the first resource that can be added to your interview and it is an opportunity to introduce the company through a short informative video that presents the brand or company.
You can either add a new or existing Promotion video from your library. Follow the simple steps below:
- Click the Promotions tab on the sidebar to the left of your dashboard.
- To add a new Promotion video:
- Click New Promotion.
- Enter a title for your video.
- Insert the YouTube URL of your video, or upload a file from your desktop that meets the file requirements.
- When you are ready, click Save.
- To add an existing video from your library:
- Click on any of the videos that you have used before that are listed below the search bar.
- You can also click on the View All tab to see other videos previously uploaded or used by other members of your company account.
- You can also use the search bar to search for a specific topic or keyword to find the relevant video in your library.
Your video will now appear in your interview panel. It is an optional resource, however it will always appear as the first stage of your candidate’s interview and you cannot change its position. Only one Promotion video per interview is permitted.
This is the second resource that you can add to the beginning stage of your interview. Forms are small multiple-choice questionnaires that can be created to request additional information from your candidates. The responses to the Forms can also be filtered and used to organize candidates when evaluating them.
To add a Form to your interview, click Forms on the sidebar of your dashboard and follow these steps:
- To create a completely new Form:
- Click New Form.
- Add a Form title.
- Simply type in your question and then multiple answer options, one answer per line.
- You can preview your form at any time by clicking the Preview button.
- Once you are finished, click Save.
- You can add up to 15 questions per Form.
- To add an existing Form from your library:
- Click on any of the Forms that appear below the Filter button and these will appear in your interview panel.
- Go to View All to see forms created by other members of your company account.
- You can also use the search bar to search for a specific topic or keyword to find the relevant Form in your library.
Your Form will now appear in your interview panel. It is an optional resource, however it will always appear at the beginning of your candidate’s interview and its position cannot be moved.
Only one Form per interview is permitted.
Transitions are optional video segments that you can use to provide extra information, or a welcome or goodbye, to candidates during the interview. They can also act as links between sections during the interview. They do not require the candidate’s interaction during the interview and are mainly informative.
To add a Transition, click the Transitions tab on the left-hand sidebar and follow these steps:
- To create a new Transition:
- Click New Transition.
- First, add a description for your Transition ie. Welcome.
- Next, upload either an existing video from your desktop or record a new video using your camera and microphone.
- To add a preloaded or previously used Transition:
- Simply click on the video from your library and it will be added to your interview panel.
- Click View All to see Transitions previously used by other members of your company account or those we have preloaded to help you out.
- Search for specific material by using the search bar or filter by categories.
The Questions are the core element of your interview and therefore the only mandatory resource. They can include a video and you can also specify whether you would prefer a video or written response back from the candidates.
To add Questions, click the Questions tab on the left-hand sidebar and follow these steps:
- To create new Questions:
- Click New Question.
- First, specify if you would like a video or written response from your candidates.
- Next, type the question you would like to ask.
- If you would like to include a video with your question, check the Include video box.
- Either upload a video file from your desktop or you can record a new video using your camera and microphone.
- If you have selected a video response, specify the Time to think and Time to answer you would like to give the candidate for this question.
- If you have selected a written response, define the Character limit and the Time to answer.
- Click Save once you are finished.
- To add a preloaded or previously used Question:
- Simply click on the Question from your library and it will be added to your interview panel.
- Click View All to see Questions previously used by other members of your company account or those we have preloaded to help you out.
- Search for specific material by using the search bar or filter by categories.
The last stage of your interview can include the Documents resource. This resource can be used to request up to 3 documents from your candidate at the end of their interview, such as their CV, Portfolio and Cover Letter.
Its position cannot be changed and must be the final step of your interview. Simply type the requested Documents into the text boxes in the Documents box and this is what will appear to the candidate.
The formats in which we will allow your candidates to upload their information are PDF, Word, PowerPoint and Excel documents up to 10MB each.
CONGRATULATIONS! You have now finished building your interview.
Completing your interview
There are just a few final details to add above your interview panel before you are ready to start inviting candidates to your interview.
Check the appropriate box to set a deadline for your candidate to complete the interview:
- Candidate Individual Deadline - This deadline is dynamic and unique for each candidate; you will define how many days your candidate has to answer the interview after he/she was initially invited.
- Fixed Deadline - This deadline will expire for ALL candidates at the selected date and time.
Title and Requisition ID
Enter a relevant interview title in the Title box of up to 55 characters. The Requisition ID is optional and can be used as an identifier for the interview when using our API.
Save as Draft
If you would like to edit your interview at a future date, you save it as a draft to return to later.
Once you are finished, you can click Done to start inviting candidates. You will not be able to edit the interview once you have started inviting candidates.
- Each interview can contain a maximum of 25 elements, and a minimum of one (which must be a question, since this is the only mandatory resource).
- You will be able to see each part of your interview along the scroll bar at the bottom of your interview panel, as well as the estimated interview time for your candidate.
- There are 90 preloaded questions we have created for you to use in your interviews - search and filter to find the best ones for your candidates!
- The order of the Questions and Transitions can be changed to your preference. To move them around, just click on the top left corner of the Transition or Question box and drag them to your chosen position in the interview.
- You can add up to 25 Questions to your interview, however we suggest around 7 as a suitable number for this type of interview.
- You can preview the videos by clicking the play button in the middle.