If you tried our microphone test and got no results, the problem might be your microphone settings.
Follow the steps below to determine what the problem is and fix it:
- On the bottom right corner right click on the speaker icon:
2. Click on the option "Recording devices":
3. Select your microphone and click on "Properties":
4. Go to the tab "Levels" and make sure that your volume is at 80%minimum and click "OK"
- Open your Mac "System Preferences":
- Under system preferences select Sound either by clicking it or by searching for it in the search text box:
- In sound preference you will see the option "Input" select it and make sure the microphone volume is at 80% minimum or at the 4th mark. Notice that the Input level should be moving.
Microsoft Dynamics SL has driven business success since the 1980s, back when the product was known simply as Microsoft Dynamics Solomon, and before it was acquired by Microsoft. Even now, small and medium enterprises rely on Microsoft Dynamics SL 2015 and Microsoft Dynamics SL 2018, the most recent versions of the product, to drive their finances and operations. However, as more and more companies move to cloud-based ERP systems with virtually unlimited support timelines, it’s becoming more difficult to justify remaining on SL and dealing with versioning hurdles every few years. For this reason, an increasing number of MS Dynamics SL users are migrating to Microsoft Dynamics 365.
Please sign in to leave a comment.